Monday, February 4, 2013

Lace Doilies, Print Poetry & Creped Filter Paper

       How’s that for a title?  That about covers it all :)

100_5781     My aunt recently celebrated a birthday.  I wanted a card that was elegant with a vintage feel to it.  The new White Tea Lace Paper Doilies seemed to be a perfect fit.  I had one sitting on my desk from a previous project, already sponged with Primrose Petals, and decided to use it.  

     I’ve been playing with several of my new Spring 2013 Catalog goodies and was kind of stumped as to how to used the White Creped Filter Paper (besides dyeing it and creating flowers).  I decided to try using it with the Faux Silk Technique.  Normally, the Faux Silk technique is done using tissue paper which is thinner than the filter paper.  However, the filter paper does work with this technique and gives a slightly coarser look to the project…not in a bad way either. 

     Here is what I did with this project…

     I stamped the image from Bordering On Romance in Jet Black StazOn Ink.  I colored the image in with a Blender Pen and Classic Inks (Primrose Petals, So Saffron and Gumball Green).  I then lightly misted the filter paper with a Stampin’ Spritzer, water and several drops of Primrose Petals re-inker.  Crumple up the filter paper and adhere to Whisper White cardstock using an Anywhere Glue Stick.  I added some Print Poetry DSP to the bottom and ran it through the Big Shot with the largest frame in the Apothecary Accents Framelits die set.   The ribbon is from SAB 2012.  100_5784The Whisper White card base was run through the Big Shot with a retired embossing plate. 

     Although this is a crisp white card, it still has that elegant vintage feel.  I like how it turned out.  What do you think?  I’d love to hear from you.  Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you’ve been inspired to crumple and adhere a project or two today :)

Hugs,

Leslee

Supplies can be purchased here.

No comments:

Post a Comment