Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Valentine’s Treats

100_5807

 

     I really hope that I’m not the only crafter that walks through the candy isle at the grocery store and thinks “how can I use that?”  Please tell me I’m not the only one?  These JuJu’s showed up and I knew exactly what I would use them for!  They fit beautifully in our 1”x8” cello bags.  I love these little treat bags.  I use them for every occasion!  Just change up the tag or “topper” to fit the occasion. 

     For this project, I wanted to play with the White Tea Lace Paper Doilies.  I simply sponged the edge in Primrose Petals, wrapped it around the cello bag and thread some White Baker’s Twine through the lacey holes in the doily, tying it in a bow.  The single stamp, Happy Valentine – Heart, was markered direct to stamp using Pink Pirouette, Regal Rose and Primrose Petals.  The stamp coordinates with the Full Heart punch…which makes it perfect for mass producing a bunch of these cute little treat bags.  I attached the 100_5809heart to the doily with Mini Glue Dots

*Points of Interest:  When markering different colors that will touch, always use your lightest marker color first so as not to “muddy” up the lighter colors with the darker color.  I added a little SNAIL to the cello under the doily so that it wouldn’t slide up and off the cello bag.

     I do thank you for stopping in today and sincerely hope that you are inspired to look through the candy isle differently ;)

Hugs,

Leslee

Click the “Shop Now” tab above to purchase any of these fine Stampin’ Up! products :)  The JuJu candies were found at the local grocery store :)  I’ve been through two containers now :0

No comments:

Post a Comment