Tuesday, January 22, 2013

No Masking Fluid?

100_5710

     Let me first apologize for the poor quality photos.  These pictures really don’t do these projects any justice :( 

100_5703

     I have seen several crafters out in blogland using a product called masking fluid.  Now, I don’t own any masking fluid nor does Stampin’ Up! carry masking fluid (hence the reason I don’t own any).  However, I really like the effect that masking fluid has on the projects I’ve seen.  So, as not to be out done, I set my brain to figure out just what I can use to give us the same effect.  I came up with this… 

     The technique is basically an Emboss Resist Technique.  I wet an old toothbrush with plain water and then dipped it into a puddle of VersaMark Re-Inker.  I used my thumb to then flick the ink off the toothbrush onto the Whisper White card stock.  I stamped my trees from the Lovely As A Tree set (an all-time favorite) in Early Espresso and used my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to offset more stamped trees, this time in VersaMark (the Shadow Technique).  Cover it all in Clear Embossing Powder, heat set with the 100_5719Heat Tool and sponge on Marina Mist in the sky.  This reveals the “snow” that we flicked onto the card stock and the offset trees is the snow collecting on the branches.  Really, really awesome effect!! 

     This was a project that we did in my December Stamp Clubs.  The gals really enjoyed the technique.  I love that I came up with a Stampin’ Up! version to masking fluid.  :)  That makes me happy!

     I hope you’ve been inspired to use the products that you have on hand.  If you have any questions about this “technique”, feel free to contact me.  I love to share :)

Hugs,

Leslee

All supplies are Stampin’ Up! and can be purchased here

1 comment:

  1. Leslee, I love, love, love these cards! What a fantastic resolve and new technique!
    Neva

    ReplyDelete