I am as guilty as the next guy in waiting until the last minute to buy a gift. So, if you are like me, gift cards are the go-to-gift of choice. I like gift cards because they mail so easily and the recipient can then get what they want. Gift cards, however, are not very “fun” to open and the little envelopes they offer at the store aren’t very …well, let’s just say they aren’t much to look at. So, I’ve created a quick stash of gift card holders. These are much more “fun” to receive and you can never go wrong with a handmade touch! Unfortunately, I didn’t photograph the inside of the holder but you can see it in this post, Simply Soft Card Holder.
These are super easy to create! I used my Simply Scored Tool to mass produce this bunch for a vendor fair.
Here’s how I did it…
- Score 4 ¼” x 11” pc. of card stock at 3”, 5 ½” and 8”.
- Fold in half at 5 ½” score mark.
- Fold outer score lines back.
- Use sticky strip to adhere center folds together. This creates a pocket for gift card. Only adhere outer three sides.
- Mark length of gift card on inside center fold and punch using Word Window punch about ¼” into fold and just longer than length of gift card.
- Punch a half circle using the ½” circle punch in center of slot.
- Wrap ribbon around card and secure to back of card with sticky strip or SNAIL. Tie ribbon to securely close card.
- Stamp and embellish card for any theme or occasion as desired.
Like I said, these are super easy and quick to create. Thanks for stopping in today. I so glad you did. I hope you’ve been inspired to present your next gift card really pretty :) Remember, it’s not what you give, it’s all in the presentation :)