Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Color Blocking & Mud Slinging

100_4905

     I sat down late Friday night to make cards for two of the three birthday parties the boys had to attend this past weekend.  I wanted them to be quick and easy as I was exhausted.  Jess suggested that I use the retired Extreme Dirt Bike set.  He also said that it would be “cool” (yes, he used that word) if I could get some “mud” flying off the tires.  LOL…okay…I’ll see what I can do.  Well, this is what I created. 

     I, again, used Clear Block C to stamp the color blocked backgrounds.  I inked up the block using Classic ink pads…Daffodil Delight, Peach Parfait and Pear Pizzazz on the first card and Bashful Blue, Marina Mist and Pacific Point on the second.  The dirt bike and sentiment was stamped in Basic Black Craft ink

     I could have stopped there but I just had to give Jesse’s “mud-off-the-tires” a try.  I tore a sheet of scrap paper in two.  Placed them on top of the card revealing only a crack from the back tire.  I then sprizted it using the Log Cabin Smooch Spritz.  The end result is “mud-off-the-tires”. :) 

     Personally, I would have stopped without the mud but seeing the smile on Jesse’s face made the “muddy mess” all worth it :)  Thanks for stopping in.  I hope you’ve been inspired to throw a little mud on your card today.  Okay…spritz something!  And remember…without water, mud pies would be non-existent. 

Hugs,

Leslee

Supplies can be purchased here.

2 comments:

  1. I love the "mud mess" too and think it is a great touch to an already awesome "bloke" card. Big hugs your way, my friend ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super fun! Love the ink block kick you have been on! Must give it a go again! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete