Saturday, April 21, 2012

Marvelous Medallion

100_4755100_4750        This is the final project we made at Stamp Club this month.  Again, it shows how we can add additional ink color to a single stamp image.

100_4757     On these cards, we inked the background stamp, Medallion (sadly, it too is on the Retiring Stamp Set List), using Daffodil Delight.  Then we inked up a Textured Embossing Folder (Snow Burst or the Square Lattice folder was used on these) with Tangerine Tango ink.  Lay the folder onto the background stamp, give it a roll with the brayer to “kiss” the ink onto the stamp.  Just like you would leave your lipstick on hubby’s lips when you 100_4754give him a smooch :)  And now you know how I tied the first project, Birthday Smooches, into this month’s “theme”. :)  Strange how it all fits, isn’t it?

     I just want to note, I used the Naturals White card stock on this project.  It leaves a more textured look to the image.  I’d like to give this technique a go on Whisper White.  I’m sure it will be gorgeous and look very different.

     Thank you for popping in today.  I’m so glad you did.  I hope you’ve been inspired to give this folder-kissing technique a try. :)  It is so cool.  One of my customers said, “So, we can buy these folders without owning a Big Shot!”  Absolutely!  Then you’ll have them for when you do get the Big Shot :)  Now that is really cool!  Have a great day!

Hugs,

Leslee

100_4762

Supplies can be purchased here.

1 comment:

  1. What a fab 'tweak' of the kissing technique! I am always amazed at the new ideas that come from old techniques! Gorgeous, Leslee! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete