Monday, April 23, 2012

Case of the Birthday Fishes (FS272)

2012-03-20 18.02.31

        My baby turns 9 today!  He’s always been my “difficult” child.  Extremely trying of my patience.  Pushes me to my limit.  On a daily basis, he can make me want to scream and the next moment he’s making me laugh.  He is witty and quick to crack a joke.  His smile is infectious!  I’m truly blessed to call him my son and I’m so proud of the young man he is becoming.  Happy Birthday, Adam!

    100_4781

     Naturally, I made him a card :)  I was running short on mojo so I turned to SplitCoast Stampers Featured Stamper #272.   Karen has a super gallery and finding inspiration there didn’t take long at all.  I chose to case this card from her gallery, Birthday Fishes.  The curved bottom caught my eye immediately!  And how perfect to just happen to have the fish!  Adam’s a fisherman through and through so I thought it only natural to case this card.  Here’s my take on it:

100_4776   

100_4778     I stamped the grass from Inspired By Nature (I’m really going to miss this retiring set) in Certainly Celery and a few in Soft Suede.  The retired Slot punch was used to create the Soft Suede cattails.  A quick strip of Everyday Enchantment DSP (nope, still can’t put it away), Pear Pizzazz (retiring soon) and the curved Pool Party was then added below the grasses.  I curved my Pool Party freehand with the Cutter Kit.  The fish is from the long retired Very Puny set and the sentiment was pieced together from the fish stamp and another retired set, Birthday Bakery.  I added some Dazzling Details 100_4770to the fish bubbles.  Not too much because then it wouldn’t be “cool”!  I love how this card turned out.

     Thanks for the inspiration Karen!  There are a few more I’d like to case from Karen’s gallery.  I hope you can find some time to browse through yourself.  Thanks for stopping in today!  Now I’m off to make brownies for my birthday boy!  Enjoy your day!

Hugs,

Leslee

Supplies can be purchased here with the exception of the retired items.

2 comments:

  1. Happey Birthday Adam! How lucky are you have such a super card maker for a Mum?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card ... and such a neat trick for the cat tails. I imagine ... even though retiring ... this set might be a keeper because it is a handy one for scenes & backgrounds!? Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete