Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Sail Away Sunset

100_3259

     Doesn’t this card make you feel happy?  It does me!  I love this color combination!  The simple layout of the card allows the main image to draw you in.  This is a brayer card.  Here’s how I did it…I masked off the sky and brayered on Marina Mist vertically to the horizon.  Then I masked off the water and brayered on Daffodil Delight horizontally from the water upward.  I strategically placed a mask for the sun using a 1-1/4” circle punched out of a sticky note.  Brayered on Peach Parfait and finished with Cajun Craze.  Unmask the sun and added a little Peach Parfait in the center of the sun with a sponge.  The Sail Away image was stamped in Basic Black Classic Ink and colored in solid with the Basic Black Marker.  I added several White Gel Pen marks in the water to give that rippled effect.  I’m absolutely loving the White Baker’s Twine (which you can find in the Summer Mini Catalog).  The Brights Collection Designer Button in Pumpkin Pie works perfectly combined with the Daffodil Delight and Pacific Point mat.  Don’t you think so?

     I sent this card to my dad.  His birthday is today.  Yay!  It’s been a tough year for both of my parents.  I’m sure these gorgeous colors and beautiful scene will be just what the doctor ordered! :)  Who wouldn’t want to view this scene?  I didn’t want to move it off my desk…but I can always make another one :)  You know I will!! ;)

     Happy Birthday Dad!  Wish I could be there to help you celebrate.  I miss you!  Oh, and your card is in the mail ;)

     Thanks for drifting by today.  I hope you’ve been inspired to set sail for your craft/stamp space and create something happy, cheerful and full of color…something to make someone smile!

Hugs,

Leslee

All supplies are Stampin’ Up! and can be purchased here.

1 comment:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD! You have one very talented daughter here! Absolutely stunning Leslee ♥

    ReplyDelete