Thursday, June 30, 2011

A Gift to Treasure

     Have you noticed that, somehow, I have gotten off schedule?  It’s that time of year again…summer break!  That’s right, my boys are home for summer break.  The routine is so totally off now.  I sure hope that some sort of routine will develop (and soon).  The last week of school was packed with end of the year classroom parties and PTA transitioning that I couldn’t think straight.  The first full week of break was so busy with “other stuff” that it flew by in a blink of an eye.  Anyway, I’m now trying to play catch up.  Let me start by showing you this super awesome chair that Mrs. True’s soon-to-be-3rd grade class made for the room moms (there were two of us). 

    2011-06-15 09.15.34

2011-06-15 09.17.07    Isn’t this the cutest thing you’ve ever seen!  I was so totally surprised and touched by this crafty thoughtfulness that I got teary eyed.  Then all the kids yelled “thank you!” and came to hug me.  It really was a sweet moment for this room mom!  It is something I’ll treasure for a very long time!  All the kids in the class fingerprinted flowers and then signed their name to the chair.  She used acrylic paints and Sharpie® marker.  Too cool!

     Thanks for stopping in today.  I hope you’ve been inspired to pull up a seat and make someone’s day!  I really wanted to share this project with you.  You never know, you might just be needing something to show your appreciation?!

2011-06-15 09.15.48     One last thing to share…Adam got upset with me when I left it in the sun on the patio.  He advised that I had to put it away when I’m not sitting in it…so that the sun won’t melt the flowers…lol.  Even if I intend on coming back to it in a few minutes, I’m to put it in the garage…out of the sun!  He’s a hoot!  I think he’s pretty proud of what the class made for his mom!  That’s my boy!

Hugs,

Leslee

No comments:

Post a Comment