Wednesday, June 1, 2011

FTL#142 Birthday Wishes

100_3163 

     I found myself in need of a beautiful birthday card for my mother-in-law (go figure…me in need of a card…lol). 

     There were three things I knew for sure…

  1.      I knew that I had to use green (that’s her favorite color)…Pear Pizzazz is perfect! 
  2.      I knew I wanted to give the Faux Mother of Pearl technique a try.  I have seen so many crafty people use this technique all over the internet but,when I saw this card by Annette and this card by Andrea, I knew I had to give it a try…and real soon!  I used the lattice looking piece of Presto Patterns DSP, daubed on some Frost White Shimmer Paint using a crumpled up piece of plastic wrap and sponged on the Pear 100_3168Pizzazz ink.  Wipe off any excess ink with a paper towel.  Tip:  Let the Shimmer Paint dry before sponging on your ink.  You can speed this process up using your Heat Tool. 
  3.      I, also, knew that I wanted to use this cute little flower that I came up with while playing with my new Blossom Bouquet – Triple Layer Punch.  I did the Faux Suede technique on it and twisted up the punched outside ring for the flower center.  A Jewel Basic Rhinestone adorns the very center. 

     I was catching up on some blog surfing when I came across this weeks Fall-To-Layout #142 on the Clean & Simple Stamping blog.  I knew immediately that this would be the perfect layout for this card!  It shows each technique used absolutely beautifully!  I love it when a card comes together so quickly!

     Thanks to all that inspired this card!  Check out Annette’s blog, Lavender Thoughts, and Andrea’s blog, EnchantINK.  Give them some comment love while you’re there.  And, as always, when in a rut (or anytime), give the Fall-To-Layouts a try on the Clean & Simple Stamping blog.  They post a new layout each Friday.  I hope you have been inspired too!

     Oh, my MIL loved her card.  Of course, she’s always so impressed by everything I do :) (Gotta love her!)  We had her over for dinner on Monday, which was also Memorial Day here in the states.  Kabobs on the grill and her favorite dessert, Brownie Tiramisu Trifle – yum!

Hugs,

Leslee

All supplies are Stampin’ Up! and can be purchased here.

3 comments:

  1. This is just beautiful Leslee. I can see why your MIL loved her card.
    Thanks for your kind comments and link back to my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the clean and simple look of this card, but the shimmer paint and Presto paper give it a real WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the link back, Leslee! You are a sweetie! Hugs xxaxx

    ReplyDelete