Friday, May 20, 2011

Scalloped Circle Card w/ Envelope

100_3084 I don’t make odd sized cards too often.  Simply because I don’t have envelopes to fit or they won’t mail or require additional postage.  In this case, we weren’t going to mail the card so I decided to try my hand at creating my own envelope to fit the smaller size of the Scalloped Circle die.   

100_3059     I began with a standard medium sized envelope that Stampin’ Up! carries.  I adhered the flap to the back and cut off the end just so it covers the scalloped circle card.  Then, I used a piece of DSP (the retired SAB Ice Cream Parlor was used for this envelope) to create a new flap.  I punched a Scallop Edge and secured the paper to the inside of the envelope.  I punched a 2-3/8” Scallop Circle in the envelope so that you can get the card in and out easily.  100_3077

     I decorated my envelope to coordinate with my card using the Hostess Level 1 Birthday Bakery set.  I used several markers and a Blender Pen to color in the image on the card and left the image on the 100_3078envelope with no color.  There is plenty of color on the DSP.

     The inside of the card is simply a strip of cardstock designed as a pocket to tuck a gift card into.  The sentiment is from Bring On The Cake.   

     I love how this card and envelope turned out!  The bright colors just make me happy!  I hope you’ve been inspired to do something that makes you happy today.  Thanks for stopping by.

100_3091

Hugs,

Leslee

All supplies are Stampin’ Up! and can be purchased here…except for the retired SAB DSP :)

No comments:

Post a Comment