Monday, January 17, 2011

Newsprint Note Set

100_2315

     Way back when the Newsprint Designer Series paper first came out, I had said that I was going to make a set of cards for my aunt for Christmas.  Well, as promised, here’s the set…finally!  Once again, I used this super simple scrappy design.  I seem to be stuck in this DSP rut (if you can call it a rut).  I’m just really enjoying using up the DSP’s that I’ve been hoarding for such a long time.  And the cards are simply gorgeous…if I say so myself.  And isn’t that what crafting and creating is all about?  It’s about what makes YOU happy!  Right?  I LOVE the way this set turned out.

 100_2292 100_2294 100_2296 100_2306 100_2302 100_2290 100_2298 100_2300

     I won’t bore you with all the deets of each card.  I started with the basics for each: Very Vanilla, Basic Black, Cherry Cobbler and Newsprint DSP.  I found that I needed to stamp the flourish from Elements of Style in Cherry Cobbler on the DSP to give it visual interest.  Otherwise, the paper just got lost and looked out of place on the starkness of the card base.  The main image flowers and the sentiments mostly came from the Watercolor Trio set.  My Kind Dear & Wonderful Friend is found in the All Holidays set.  I, also, used Thoughts & Prayers and a few retired sets as well.  Inks were all Basic Black, Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive and a little So Saffron.  All pieces of the Basic Black card stock was run through the Big Shot with the Square Lattice Textured Embossing folder.  I used very few accessories, some Black Flourish Designer Jewels (snipped apart) and some paper piercing.

    I made a box with a clear acetate lid and added in a coordinating pen.  Decorating the front with the coordinating goodies just put the icing on the cake. 

100_2312

     I really enjoyed making this set.  My aunt loved it!  I only wish I could have been there to give it to her in person.  I hope you’ve been inspired to make something nice for someone special in your life.  This would make a very nice teacher’s gift too!  Thanks for stopping in today.

Hugs,

Leslee

All supplies are Stampin’ Up! and can be purchased HERE unless otherwise noted as being retired. 

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome gift to give someone from a Cardmaker! These are lovely Leslee. If I manage to get organised this year, I would love to make a few sets like these too ;-)

    ReplyDelete