Monday, January 10, 2011

Been Way Too Long!!

     I sure have missed my blog!  However, just because I haven’t been blogging, that doesn’t mean that I haven’t been creating.  With Christmas projects, class parties and PTA, I’ve been very busy over the last two months.  Add in there sick kids, snow days and hubby being home since Thanksgiving…I’ve had my hands full.  Unfortunately, my blog is the first thing I must give up when ‘me time’ is at a minimum.  Thank you for hanging in there with me.  I’m hoping that the new year brings lots of time for creating.  So, my apologies said, how about something creative?  I thought so!

 100_2235

     I’m sure you are tired of seeing Christmas cards by now but I had to show you just how cute this set of cards turned out.  Of course, the DSP, focal image and sentiment can easily be changed to feature any occasion.  I showed this set at a workshop held just before Christmas.  I wanted to show just how easy this entire set could be made with very limited stamps and supplies.  Here’s the recipe… 2 and 1/2 sheets of Very Vanilla, 1/2 sheet of Early Espresso and 6”x6” piece of Deck the Halls DSP.  Mix carefully and add a pinch of bling (Jewels Basic Rhinestones).  There you have it…no fuss, no mess!  It’s mass production made simple! 

100_2237  100_2239  100_2241  100_2243 

     I used two sets, Dasher and Christmas Greetings, and only two inks, Early Espresso and Cherry Cobbler.  I love this color combination!  Other accessories used were the Big Shot, Square Lattice Textured Impressions folder, the mat pack and paper piercing tool.  This simple card design is so easy to use.  Seems I’ve been using it lots.  It’s a good way to use up the DSP I’ve been hoarding for way too long! 

     I hope you enjoyed your Christmas?  I did!  It’s time to get back to business though.  I’ll be posting more regularly…now that things are back to normal (if there is such a thing) :)  I’ve missed you!

Hugs,

Leslee

All supplies are Stampin’ Up! and can be purchased here with the exclusion of the Deck the Halls DSP.

1 comment:

  1. Leslee, I am so glad to see you back!! I have missed your gorgeous creations and this set is no exception!! Keep up the great work, my friend!!

    ReplyDelete