Monday, October 4, 2010

Sponged Vacation

100_1790 

 

I broke out the sponges and set off for a little vacation.  Can you tell where I went?  That’s right…the beach!  It was rough that day.  A hurricane named Earl was brewing just off the coast but it was gorgeous none the less.  The many blues and greens of the ocean are simply awesome.  God is certainly the most inspiring artist!

I started with a piece of Naturals White card stock.  I masked off my horizon and sponged on my sky in Bashful Blue.  I then masked over my sky and sponged on some Night of Navy working my way down the card stock with Pacific Point, Marina Mist and Baja Breeze.  This simply gives a variation in ocean colors.  I used the Pacific Point marker to draw the horizon line along the masking line.  This gives a very definite horizon.  I tore my card stock edge and rolled the edge back with my fingernail.  I used my White Gel Pen to create the crests on the waves.  The sponging kind of dictated where my waves should be.  Tip:  When using the gel pen, allow your sponging to dry completely first or your pen won’t want to work causing you to yell at your pen, beat it on the desk and, OH! Sorry, I got carried away there.  Yes, that pen was driving me crazy!  The card base is Crumb Cake that was spritzed with Log Cabin Smooch Spritz.  I love warm sand around my feet (just hate it anywhere else).  The sentiment is found in the Occasional Quotes set, punched with the Word Window punch and placed on a 1” Circle punch in Soft Suede, all on Dimensionals100_16241The Linen Thread lends a natural look to the card.

Here’s my inspiration photo that I took while on our summer vacation in Nags Head, NC.  Like I said before, God is a most inspiring artist!  Thanks for stopping by today.  I hope you’ve been inspired to sponge yourself a vacation! :)

Hugs,

~Leslee~

All Stampin’ Up! supplies can be purchased HERE!

1 comment:

  1. Amazing Leslee!!!!!!!! You interpretation of your photo is perfect. I love sponging (as you know) but I couldn't have captured this as well as you have! This is going in my CASE file, so I can have a go one rainy day!

    ReplyDelete