Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Fall Inspired Birthday Wishes

100_18241

     October is an extremely busy month for birthdays in my family, including my own birthday (smile).  The cooler weather always inspires me to break out the warmer colors of fall.  Sponging and watercoloring seem to be the fall technique of choice.  It all just makes me happy!

 100_1824

 

     This card I made for my brother-in-law.  The card base is Early Espresso.  I’m really loving this color!  It pairs well with so many of Stampin’ Up!’s beautiful colors.  For this card, I’ve paired it with a piece of Cherry Cobbler that has been run through the Big Shot using the Square Lattice Texturz Impressions Embossing Folder.  The main focal panel is a piece of Whisper White in which I sponged on Daffodil Delight, Peach Parfait and some Pear Pizzazz.  The leaves from French Foliage have been stamped on top of that in Crumb Cake, Pear Pizzazz and Cherry Cobbler.  The sentiment is from Occasional Quotes.  The panel is layered onto Cherry Cobbler and then Crumb Cake.  Some linen thread and an Old Olive – Bright Designer Button adds some visual interest.  The panel is mounted on Dimensionals.

     I love the way this card turned out!  Masculine with a touch of elegance.  It makes me happy and that’s what it’s all about!  Thanks for stopping in today.  I hope you’ve been inspired to try a seasonal inspired card.  Whatever your season may currently be. :)

Hugs,

~Leslee~

All supplies are Stampin’ Up! and can be purchased HERE

1 comment:

  1. Wish we had this stamp set Leslee! Love the Autumn feel of this card. The lattice embossing looks great teamed with the twine and button. Your BIL will love this :-)

    ReplyDelete