Monday, August 2, 2010

Sunny Invites

100_1259     The boys and I decided that we wanted to do something different this summer.  We are going to host a “Fun In The Sun” party!  So, I set to and made these sunny, cute and simple cards for our invites.

    This first card used up the remainder of the Daffodil Delight card stock that I had pre-cut for my Open House make-n-take.  You can see that in this post.   The second, I cut the base card (Daffodil Delight) differently so that I could use the cut edge in my layered squares.  Thus making the placement of the squares a little different on the card.  They both look nice though.  The Whisper White square was stamped using the 100_1248adorable, smiling sun found in the Every Little Bit set and then punched with the 1-3/8 square.  The Daffodil Delight layer is 1-1/2” square and the Marina Mist is 1-5/8” square.  The Whisper White edge was run through the Big Shot with the Perfect Details Texturz Plate – Flourish side.  A length of the new 1/8” Marina Mist Taffeta ribbon is wrapped around the card.  It helps the visual flow of the card where the different colors and textures meet.  The sentiment is in the long retired (but still a favorite) Fancy Flexible Phrases

     This party is as much for us moms as it is for the kids.  It’s a Pot Luck Lunch with water games.  Something different and inexpensive to do with the kids during summer break!  The boys and I are really looking forward to it.  I’ll let you know how it turns out.

     Thanks for stopping in.  I hope you’ve been inspired to do something different today.  Whether it is a new technique or something off-the-wall with your kids…enjoy yourself!!

Hugs,

~Leslee~

All supplies are Stampin’ Up!® and can be purchased HERE unless otherwise noted as retired.

No comments:

Post a Comment