Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Misted Sympathy

100_1367

 

     I was again in need of a sympathy card.  This has been a very difficult summer for my family.  This makes the 5th passing since the end of May.  Anyway, I had just received the Just Believe set and it seemed a good time to ink it up.  I markered the florals in Garden Green, Pretty In Pink and Rich Razzleberry.  Tip:  Remember to apply the lighter colors first, that way you won’t muddy up your light colored marker with a darker color ink.  I misted the stamp with a water mister and then stamped the image onto Whisper White card stock.  The misting gives the image a nice, subtle watercolored look.  I tore the edge to a desirable look and layered it onto the torn Certainly Celery and Rich Razzleberry card stock.  A length of retired 1/2” Rich Razzleberry Polka Dot ribbon (dots down) was adhered around the bottom along with one of the new Rich Razzleberry - Brights Designer Buttons with a linen thread center.  Then all was adhered onto a Crumb Cake card base.  The sentiment is from the Thoughts & Prayers set. 

     That’s it for today.  I’ll be MIA for a few days.  I must prepare for our Fun In The Sun party coming this Friday.  I have several flower beds that are in need of weeding :)  I’m sure lots of flowers will be reveled giving me lots of inspiration for future cards and projects.  Thanks for stopping in today.

Hugs,

~Leslee~

All supplies are Stampin’ Up! and can be purchased HERE unless noted as being retired.

No comments:

Post a Comment