Thursday, February 25, 2010

“X” is for…

X-treme!

Alright, I realize that this is really stretching “X” to the X-treme but I like it!  The Extreme Elements set was the first set that I just had to have when I saw it in the new catalog!  My boys are a bit older now…past the cutesy zoo animals and trains stage and this set fits right into the x-treme sports stuff that they are into now.  It’s kewl! 

X

I’ve started with a Whisper White card base.  A layer of Certainly Celery has the edge stamped in Basic Black with one of the Extreme Elements.  A panel of Basic Black backs the main element panel.  Actually, most all of the elements on this card are from the Extreme Elements set.  I did add some ‘splatters’ from the Itty Bitty Backgrounds set.  The main image is Extreme Dirt Bike.  I just love the silhouetted images.  I really wish I had the Extreme Snowboard…in light of Shawn White and his recent Olympic gold medal.  Anyway, most all of my inks are Craft inks.  I love how vibrant they are on the card stock.  The colors I used are Certainly Celery, Brocade Blue, Pale Plum, Sahara Sand and Close To Cocoa.  The sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes, stamped on Close To Cocoa that was punched using the Word Window punch and then layered onto a Brocade Blue 1-1/2” circle.  Like my boys, the young man receiving this card isn’t going to care whether it has metal embellishments or not.  So, I didn’t use any.  You can say that I’m hoarding them.  You could say that I’m selective.  Only those x-tremely worthy shall receive them (smile). 

Thank you for stopping in today.  We are quickly coming to the end of my Creative A-B-C’s.  Where has the month gone?  this has certainly been a lot of fun!  Be sure to join me tomorrow for “Y”.

Hugs,

~Leslee~

All supplies are Stampin’ Up!® and can be purchased HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment