Wednesday, February 24, 2010

“W” is for…

Watercoloring

I love to watercolor.  It is almost therapeutic to me.  Now, I’m no artist by any means, but give me an image to watercolor and I can handle it.  Proper shading and keeping in mind where your light source is coming from comes with practice.  Just remember, it is only paper and ink and if you like it, that’s all that counts!

There are tons of watercolor mediums on the market today.  My favorite is Stampin’ Up!®’s Watercolor Wonder Crayons and an Aqua Painter.  Of course, this works best when adding color to lined images.  Today, I used the direct to stamp technique

W   

Using the large floral image from the lovely Wonderful Watercolors Two-Step Stampin’ set, I colored the flowers with the Perfect Plum Watercolor Crayon and the stem with the Mellow Moss crayon.  I misted water onto a piece of Naturals White card stock and then onto the stamp before stamping it to the card stock.  Then, using my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig, I lined up the outline to the image.  I colored this with Close To Cocoa crayon, misted the stamp and stamped it over the first image.  The sentiment is from Whimsical Words and stamped in Chocolate Chip ink.  WcThe Build-A-Brad, something else I tend to hoard, was stamped in the same technique using the smallest flower.  The 1/2” circle punch fits perfect with these brads.  A Chocolate Chip Taffeta ribbon snippet is behind the brad.  The Chocolate Chip panel is from the scrap box and it is all layered onto a Sage Shadow card base.  I think these colors work well together.  It’s another ‘soft’ card that will make a nice sympathy card (of which I need several). 

Thanks for looking!  I hope you give watercoloring a try (if you hadn’t already).  Experiment with the different mediums and fall in love with them all!

Hugs,

~Leslee~

All supplies are Stampin’ Up!® and can be purchased HERE unless otherwise noted as being retired.

No comments:

Post a Comment