Monday, February 22, 2010

“U” is for…

UNO!

“One” for us who are English speaking.

I have to admit, I was really stumped as to what to do for “U”.  And, then, I was handed a curve ball in life and I fell behind in my designing.  I knew that whatever I ended up doing for “U” would have to be quick, easy, clean and simple!  Perfect!  An old CAS challenge came immediately to mind…Black and white and one Bold Bright.  I took it one step further…one layer, one stamp, one sentiment.  One button, one brad, one ribbon.  

This is what I came up with…

U 

Of course, I had to use my black gingham ribbon.  I think that, sometimes, I design my cards around the ribbon…lol.  I chose the Yoyo Yellow from the Bold Brights.  It’s a color I very rarely use.  I don’t even own the ink pad.  I used my Yoyo Yellow marker to ink up the heart from Best Wishes & More.  This, I used to create the butterfly wings.  I love when I can think outside the box and use stamps and tools in creative ways.  The black button is from the Neutral buttons and has long been retired.  UaI used a thin strip of Basic Black card stock to make the antenna.  I simply curled the ends around my paper piercer and pierced the butterfly’s flight and wing pattern.  The sentiment is from Tiny Teeny Wishes.  One Vintage Black Brad anchors it to the small and large ovals.  The bottom of the Whisper White card base was Scallop Edge punched.  A Yoyo Yellow piece of cs was placed behind.  This, also, serves to make the Whisper White a tad bit more sturdy.  

There “U” have it!  Sometimes, ‘uno’ is all you need.  Okay, I know I may have stretched it just a little.  Thanks for stopping by today!

Adios Amigos!

Hugs,

~Leslee~

All supplies are Stampin’ Up!® and can be purchased HERE unless otherwise noted as being retired.

No comments:

Post a Comment