Saturday, February 20, 2010

“T” is for…

Thumping Texturz Thoughts & Prayers

Thumping is a fun technique that allows you to stamp an image with more than one color.  Just remember to always ink your stamp with the lightest ink color first.  I ‘thumped’ the floral flourish stamp in the Thoughts & Prayers set.  First, I applied Certainly Celery to the stems, and thumped on Garden Green.  I hold my marker on its side and tap the marker with my finger onto the stamp.  Then, I colored the flowers with Pale Plum and the centers with Perfect Plum.  I stamped these along the side of a Whisper White card base. 

 

T

This is another color combo that I’ve been wanting to play with…Certainly Celery, Garden Green, Pale Plum and Perfect Plum.  For me, they say “Springtime!”  And, I am so ready for that!  The Certainly Celery layer has the end Scallop Trim punched.  The sentiment is found in the All Holidays set.  I stamped it onto a Whisper White cs that I ran through the Big Shot using the lattice side of the Texturz Plate Perfect Details.  Here is a detail shot:

 

Ta 

I knotted a length of Celery grosgrain ribbon around the Celery layer.  Topped it all off with a sprig from Little Leaves (again, through the Big Shot) and my double punched flowers.  For that technique, check out this post, Double The Fun.  The flowers were first Rock-N-Rolled in Pale Plum and Perfect Plum using the flower stamp in Best Wishes & More.  A Vintage Pewter Brad completes the centers and they are adhered using Mini Glue Dots and Dimensionals

I think this is a lovely card.  I need some sympathy cards and I think I’ll use this exact card with a sympathy sentiment.  Actually, this would be lovely for ANY occasion!  I think I’ll try this in several different color combos.  What do you think?

Thanks for stopping by today.  I hope you’ve been inspired to give your stamps a “thump”. 

Hugs,

~Leslee~

All supplies are Stampin’ Up!® and can be purchased HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment