Monday, February 15, 2010

“O” is for…

On Board & Ovals

Okay, I realize this one may be a stretch for “O”.  However, the O’s are there!  For starters, oh my goodness!  How adorable is this?!

O  

This card was created out of necessity.  A friend of mine just had her baby.  A beautiful baby girl!  I don’t make too many baby cards and I had none in my stash.  It was a challenge to work the letter of the day in there, but I did it!  And I love how it turned out. 

Here are the details to this card.  I utilized lots of good scraps pieces that I had strewn about my desk.  I love when I can do that!  The down fall is that I’ll be showing you a bunch of stuff that has been retired.  But sometimes, you’ve just got to run where the mojo takes you! 

I began with a Pink Pirouette (retired) card base.  Then I used an already cut Top Note in Wild Wasabi and cut another in Whisper White.  I trimmed the WW cs to layer onto the Wasabi.  The buggy is a Wide Oval Punch Oawith the top punched with the Scallop Edge.  The DSP is from the retired Bella Rose.  The large flourish from Priceless was used to make the frame/handles of the buggy.  Two black buttons with Linen Thread tied centers serve a wheels.  The baby’s head is a 3/4” circle punch in Blush Blossom.  The Certainly Celery die cut Little Leaves were begging to be used.  To hide their stems, I used the Big Shot to cut the small Obflower from the Baskets & Blooms Bigz XL Die.  I used a piece of the On Board Book Basics – Long Board.  The rule based dies make cutting chipboard a breeze.  I covered the flower with my Pretty In Pink ink pad and then covered it with Tombow Glue and Dazzling Diamonds.  The stamp was highlighted with some stickles.  The sentiment is from Warm Words and the retired ribbon is Light Pink gingham

Thanks for dropping in today.  It’s amazing how much fun this little alphabet challenge has been.  I only hope that you are inspired. 

Hugs,

~Leslee~

Supplies are Stampin’ Up!® and can be purchased HERE unless otherwise noted as being retired.

No comments:

Post a Comment