Friday, February 12, 2010

“L” is for…

Lucky Little Leprechaun!

100_6053

Isn’t he just the cutest?!  He looks a little mischievous to me but I’ve never met a leprechaun that wasn’t! 

I ran a piece of Blush Blossom (the face) and Garden Green (the hat) through the Big Shot using the Top Note die.  The brim of the hat is a strip of Garden Green that I used the corner rounder on all four corners.  A length of Black grosgrain ribbon with a ribbon slider from the retired Antique Brass Hodgepodge Hardware kit completes the hat.  For the nose and eyes, I punched a scrap of Blush Blossom and Basic Black using the 1/2” circle punch.  The beard and eye brows use the retired Tangerine Tango and the Scallop Circle punch.  These were cut in half so that I didn’t have to punch so many.  I sponged on some Pretty In Pink to make rosy cheeks and nose and give some depth to the face.  The sparkle in the eye is a white gel pen and the mouth drawn on with Basic Black marker.  

He’s an easy one to make and will fit nicely onto a standard sized card.  Just watch the length of the hat brim when doing so.  For this card, I folded the Blush Blossom card stock and then ran it through the Big Shot making sure not to cut the fold off.  Thus creating the back flap of the card.  Sorry…I should have gotten a picture of it but I didn’t think to do that. :(

The kids will enjoy assembling these fun little guys too!  Just have fun with it!!  I hope you are feeling ‘lucky’ today!  Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs,

~Leslee~

All supplies Stampin’ Up! and can be purchased HERE unless otherwise noted as being ‘retired’.

No comments:

Post a Comment