Thursday, February 11, 2010

“K” is for…

Kissing!

Yes, there is a technique for kissing.  We are talking kissing stamps!  I hope that’s what you were thinking?  There is the ‘kiss off’ technique, but I’ve used the ‘kiss on’ technique here. 

Before I show you my card, I’ll explain the ‘kiss off’ technique.  Ink up a large, solid image stamp…something with lots of inky area.  Using a smaller stamp, again, bold images work best, ‘kiss’ it to the larger stamp.  You are pulling the ink off of the large stamp.  Clean your smaller stamp and repeat as desired.  Huff on your large stamp and stamp onto card stock as you normally would.   Your smaller image will show where you kissed off the ink.

Okay, here is the ‘kiss on’ technique…

I inked up the splat image in the Extreme Elements set using Pretty In Pink.  I used the trio of hearts from Love You Much, inked in Melon Mambo.  Always kiss on a darker ink…a lighter ink wouldn’t show.  I ‘kissed’ them onto the splat stamp…leaving behind the ink.  Think of it as kissing your husband and leaving behind your lipstick on his lips.  I then stamped as usual.  This technique works really nice with a textured background stamp.  Why not just stamp over the already stamped background?  Well, the texture of the background would then be covered over.  This way, the texture shows through the kissed image.  Why didn’t I use mine?  Three words…boys were home!  I couldn’t think clearly.  I finished off the main image with sentiments found in Kind & Caring Thoughts (Hostess Level 2 set).  Hey!  That set fits into the “K” theme for today too!  What a nice unplanned surprise!  I layered the main image on Melon Mambo and a square that was Scallop Trimmed using the border & corner punches.  A length of black gingham ribbon is wrapped around and secured through the black button.  All is adhered to a Pretty In Pink card base.

Okay!  That’s enough kissing for one day!  As Adam would say, “Ewwww!”  Thanks for stopping by today.  I hope you’ve been inspired to pucker up!

Hugs,

~Leslee~

Supplies are all Stampin’ Up!® and can be purchased HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment