Saturday, February 6, 2010

“F” is for…

Fun Folds!

I’ve been wanting to do this “Never-Ending Card” for about a year now.  I finally did and it really isn’t difficult at all.  I had more trouble finishing/decorating it all up.  Maybe my mojo got up and went at that time but I couldn’t seem to put it all together.  Finally, I just stayed simple and went with the “Love You” theme.  After all, isn’t love for that special someone “never-ending”?  I know that in my vows there was something about love having no beginning and no end.  This fun folded card just seems to fit that bill!

I can’t take any credit for this never-ending concept.  I won’t even attempt to post a tutorial.  I’m just going to give you the link to where I found an awesome tutorial, Never-Ending Card Video Tutorial.  Dawn Griffith has done a great job with this video tutorial and it is super simple to follow.  Of course, if you should have any problems with it, feel free to contact me and I’ll help you through it.

 

Front

 

As you open the card, you will open to a new card front (for lack of better explanation).  Front 1 is my beginning point.  It looks like a normal gate fold card.

  F2

 

Surprise!  It opens to front 2, which opens to front 3.

 

F3

 

Now, I think that a photo would look great on this front.  It will even sit on a desk or countertop very nicely to display a photo.  Also, here I would like to point out that the Green Galore panels on the right and the left are the same panels that are seen on front 2.  I point this out so that you keep this in mind when you go to designing your never-ending card.  Of course, front 3 folds out to front 4 (the back) and then you are back to front 1. 

 

F4

 

I used Razzleberry Lemonade Designer Series papers.  Whisper White and Green Galore card stock.  Rich Razzleberry, Green Galore, Melon Mambo, Crushed Curry, Garden Green and Pretty In Pink Classic inks & markersHeart to Heart and Eyelet Border punches.  The stamp sets used were: Priceless, Well Scripted, Whimsical Words, Razzle Dazzle and the retired Fancy Flexible Phrases (a favorite of mine).    

This is a totally fun card!  You just have to watch the folds and edges and take your time!  My boys are amazed by it and so will the recipient of the card!  It really is worth the extra effort.

Thanks for stopping in today for a look at the fun fold Never-Ending Card!  I encourage you to give one a try.  Stop back tomorrow for a look at “G”!  See you then.

Hugs,

~Leslee~

All supplies are Stampin’ Up!® and can be purchase HERE unless otherwise noted as retired. 

No comments:

Post a Comment