Wednesday, February 3, 2010

“C” is for…

 Circles!

C

 

Just recently have I begun to use circles on my cards and projects.  Perhaps it is because of my new Circle Scissor Plus?  Perhaps it is due to the plentiful array of circle punch sizes?  Perhaps I’m simply feeling more comfortable with placement of the circles?  I don’t know for sure but I do like the look of circles. 

I think you have to find that perfect balance when using circles.  Circles of various sizes can help to lead the eye to the focal image.  Larger circles can serve as a background for the focal image.  Tiny circles (i.e.. dots) can make a great background too!  I LOVE the new Perfect Polka Dots Textured Impressions Folder that Stampin’ Up! ® is offering in the Occasions Mini CatalogCaAnd, although I haven’t used them here, the new Dot, Dot, Dot would be perfect too! 

On this card, I brayered a piece of Glossy card stock with Pretty In Pink and Regal Rose and then heat embossed it using White embossing powder.  The large heart stamp is from the Love You Much set.  Circles vary in size from 1/2” to 3” in colors like Pretty In Pink, Regal Rose, Whisper White and Rich Razzleberry.  The ribbon is 5/8” Regal Rose grosgrain.  The sentiment is from the new Well Scripted Clear Mount stamps.  I paper pierced simply because I felt that space needed something.  The piercing seems to fit nicely with the circle theme don’t you think?  I ran a piece of Pretty In Pink cs through the Big Shot using the Perfect Polka Dots Textured Folder.  It is all mounted on Whisper White card base.

Thanks for stopping in today!  I hope you’ve been inspired to “C” circles in a different light.  I’ll “C” you back here again tomorrow.

Hugs,

~Leslee~

All supplies are current Stampin’ Up!® products.  You can purchase yours HERE! 

No comments:

Post a Comment