Friday, December 11, 2009

Serene & Sweet

This sweet treat is sure to please both young and old.  It’s so simple to make.  Little hands can do it.  It would make a nice classroom project. 100_9160Here’s the deets:

Trim approx. 2 inches off the open end of a standard sized lunch bag.  I’ve used a white bag here but you can use any color to coordinate with any theme or occasion (what fun!).  Fold bag in half.  I randomly stamped the Serene Snowflakes (love this set) in Soft Suede ink.  I, also, sponged on some ink randomly as well.    100_9164The inside greeting is from Christmas Greetings (it’s seen its share of ink this season).  Insert single packet of instant hot cocoa mix into back, open end of bag.  Tie a 15” length of ribbon around bag/card.  I’ve used the solid side of the Soft Suede Polka Dot ribbon.   Layer a panel onto the front of the bag.  The snowflake is a die cut from the Snowflakes Set #2, a brad and the sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes (another favorite).

I did a simplified version of this to hand out at our PTA board meeting today.  I made 14 of them in just under 40 minutes.  When I say ‘simplified’, I simply omitted the front panel and inside greeting layer and stamped a sentiment directly onto the paper bag…no layering involved that way.  The ladies just loved them!  Who wouldn’t?

I can’t take credit for this project.  I found it on the Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator’s website.  Stampin’ Up! gives us all kinds of project and card ideas.  It’s just one of the perks of signing a demonstrator’s agreement.  If you’d like to do what I do, call me or check out more info. on my website, Start Your Own Business.

I hope you’ll give one a try.  If you have any questions on how to make one of these, just leave me a comment or drop me an email.  I’m always happy to share.  

As always, thanks for stopping by.  I hope you’ve been inspired.

Hugs,

~Leslee~

Most supplies can by purchased on my website HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment