Monday, November 9, 2009

Quick Holiday Set

When it comes to the holiday’s, it has to be quick, easy and say “Wow”.  This set does just that.

100_8932

Here’s how I did it.  I started with one 8-1/2” x 11” sheet of Very Vanilla cardstock.  I cut the cardstock in half along the long side at 5-1/2”.  The one half I then scored at 4-1/4” to make this standard size card.

 100_8926

It’s a simple card…a one inch strip of dsp from the Cast-A-Spell package, a length of the Old Olive – Mistletoe ribbon and a poinsettia flower made using two 5-petal flowers punched in Real Red and two in Old Olive.  Each flower was scored using my stylus and then layered together.  Three vintage brads help to hold them together.  The sentiment is from the new Christmas Greetings set (I’ll be using this set often this holiday season).  

 100_8924   The other half of Very Vanilla cardstock was then used to create a 2-4-6-8 box.  I scored across at 2”, 4”, 6” and 8”.  This leaves a 1/2” flap to place your adhesive (I use sticky strip for the best hold).  Then, turn your cardstock 90 degrees and score at 2”.  Cut the short 2” side of the 2-4-6-8 score marks up to that new 2” score line.  Thus creating the bottom flaps.  Fold and adhere all together.  This cute little box can be decorated and embellished how ever you’d like.  I scalloped the top edge with the Scallop Edge punch before I folded and adhered mine together. 

I used a scrap piece of cardstock to make the coordinating tag.  Again, the 5-petal flower poinsettia and a strip of dsp.  A super quick and easy, coordinated set!  I love it when it all comes together so quick and easy!

Box Note:  The 2-4-6-8 box can be made to any height desired.  Just determine the height needed and add on 2” for the bottom flap.  For a great tutorial on a variation of this box, check the 2-5-7-10 box out HERE on SplitCoast.

Thanks for stopping by today.  I hope you’ve been inspired to try a quick, coordinated set.  They really are quite fun and the recipient will simply love it! 

Hugs ~Leslee~

You can purchase any of these SU! products through my website HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment