Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Lovely Shimmery Night

Do you find using a brayer a bit intimidating?  I did.  But the more I use it, the easier it gets and the more I love it!  The best way to combat that intimidation is to just do it!  Keep in mind that no two projects will turn out exactly the same.  Something else to keep in mind is that there is no right and no wrong.  If you like it…that’s all that counts!  I happen to love this card…

100_8883

It features the Lovely As A Tree set (a new favorite of mine), Heard From the Heart for the sentiment and the cool new Frost White Shimmer Paint

I started with a piece of Very Vanilla card stock.  I punched a 1-3/8” circle out of a Post-It Note and used it to mask off the moon.  Using my brayer, I rolled on Bashful Blue.  Then Brocade Blue making sure to not completely overlap the Bashful Blue.  I finished off using Brilliant Blue across the top of the cardstock.  This gives the sky a gradient look to it.  I removed the mask circle and then inked up my trees with Craft Basic Black.  I sponged on some Shimmer Paint and stamped the trees onto the cardstock, making sure that some of the trees were overlapping the moon.  Be sure to allow for a little extra drying time when using craft ink.  Once dry, I sponged on some more Shimmer Paint over the entire scene.  The entire scene shimmers like a crisp snow is falling.  It’s absolutely radiant in real life!  I stamped on the sentiment in Craft Basic Black.  Layered the cardstock onto Kraft cardstock with one edge punched using the Eyelet Border.  I wrapped on some satin Old Olive ribbon from the Ribbon Originals - Mistletoe (yes, I did a cheater knot).  This was then all adhered to a Night of Navy card base.

Brayer Note:  Always start with your lightest color first.  You can always add more to make it darker but you can’t take it away. 

What do you think?  Are you ready to give the brayer a try?  If you need a little more inspiration, try one of these blogs,  bits & pieces and Freedom in Creating.  These ladies have given me a great deal of inspiration.  I don’t mind sharing them with you :)

Thanks for looking.  Leave me a comment and let me know what you think.  Comments are always welcome.  Have a great day!

Hugs ~Leslee~

All supplies used can be purchased through my Stampin’ Up! website.  Just click on the My SU! Website link on the right hand side bar or click HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment