Saturday, November 14, 2009

Holiday Note Card Set

I love giving gorgeous note cards as gifts for the holidays.  It’s a little piece of me that I’m giving as well.  Each set is lovingly designed with the recipient in mind.  Here’s a set I can give to a November hostess.  Just a few holiday cards that are ready for giving.

100_8977 

This set features the Christmas Cocoa Specialty Designer Series paper found in the Holiday Mini catalog and the Snowflake #2 Big Shot die.  It coordinates lovely with the Soft Suede cardstock and ribbon.  The “Peace” sentiment is from the “Peace Love Joy” stamp in the All Holidays set.  It is markered and stamped in Soft Suede, punched out with the large oval punch and layered onto a scallop oval punch out.  I used the triple snowflakes stamp from Serene Snowflakes to add a little extra behind the sentiment and on the envelopes.  I started with blank Note Cards and Envelopes from Stampin’ Up!  This is an extremely easy set to make.

100_8988I created the folder using one sheet of 8-1/2” x 11” Soft Suede cardstock.  Using the eyelet border punch, I punched along one long edge.  I scored the center at 5” and 6”, thus creating a ‘binding’ (perfect placement for the coordinating pen).  To form the pockets, I scored the length of the paper at 5-3/4” and 6”.  This makes the pockets 1/4” deep to accommodate two cards and envelopes in each pocket.  I cut the middle center flap out leaving only the 1/4” center flap, which I folded up and adhered to give the binding a little extra strength.  The outer edge of the pockets are 100_8976simply held together with a mini glue dot so that the cards and envies won’t fall out the sides.  The inside flap and outside of the folder is stamped with the triple snowflake stamp from Serene Snowflakes.  It is held closed by a 1/2” circle punch with a vintage brad in the center on the front and a piece of gold elastic cord held underneath the dsp on the back.  Just wrap the cord around the circle to secure (based on those large manila inner-office envelopes). 

Again, I love making these sets and I’ll be making several for teacher gifts this year.  Teachers are always in need of Thank You notes so I’ll do them with a Thank You theme. 

And thank you for stopping by today!  I hope you’ve been inspired to try one (or more) of these quick and easy Note Card Sets.  If you have any questions, just let me know.  As always, your comments as welcome and much appreciated.

Hugs ~Leslee~

All supplies seen in this project can be purchase here.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment