Friday, November 6, 2009

A Do-Over FTL#64

Have you ever made a card and just didn’t like how it turned out?  Here’s the card that just didn’t do it for me…

 

100_8780

 

It’s okay but that’s what’s wrong…it’s just okay.  Well, I hung it on my desk right in front of me, so I had to look at it every day.  I looked at that card for two weeks until I ran across the Fall-To Layout #64.  That’s what was wrong!  The elements are great…the layout was just all wrong.  So, I disassembled the card, cut down the Rich Razzleberry panel, added the sentiment (from Season of Joy) and a panel of the black polka dot Night & Day Specialty Designer Series paper (you can find it in the Holiday Mini Catalog).  I absolutely LOVE this card now!  What a difference a good layout makes!  Isn’t this much better…

 

100_8913

The Razzleberry panel was background stamped using the small stamps in Delightful Decorations100_8919The ornament (Delightful Decorations) is stamped on Basic Black cardstock using Platinum Shimmer Paint that I had sponged directly onto the stamp.  It’s punched with the new Ornament punch and layered on a Basic Black ornament to create a shadow effect.  The ribbon is Whisper White Taffeta ribbon that I altered by sponging on Platinum Shimmer Paint.  Just allow it to dry thoroughly before using it on a project.  You can heat gun it to quicken the drying process. 

So, the lesson here…don’t toss it…call a Do-Over!  Sometimes, it’s just a simple as the layout.  Let me know what you think.  I love your comments.  I hope you’ve been inspired to never give up.

Hugs ~Leslee~

All supplies can be purchased through my SU! website HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment