Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Sunrise Inspired

I can’t believe that it’s been so long since my last post.  I’ve been busier than I ever imagined…and that’s a good thing.  I’m getting things done!  Of course, having sick children home and under foot is never in the plans.  All is getting back to normal and, I think, that all will be back to school in the morning.  Yay! 

So, without further ado, here is a quick birthday card that was done for my brother-in-law.  100_8850I love a great sunrise and this card reminds me of the sun rising above the sand dunes.  Again, I used the masking technique for the sun.  Here, I used sponges to wash the color onto Very Vanilla card stock.  I started with the lightest color first, Barely Banana.  I, then, sponged on some Pretty in Pink and finished up with Pumpkin Pie.  The sand dune is sponged with some Sahara Sand.  I removed the Post-It Note sun mask and stamped on the grass from Inspired by Nature in Soft Suede.  The main panel is layered onto Soft Suede, Dusty Durango and then a Sahara Sand card base.  The sentiment is an old retired favorite, Warmest Regards.

Here’s a sunrise that helped to inspire this card.

100_8879 This was out my back door.

I hope you find inspiration all around you!  Thanks for looking.

Hugs ~Leslee~

No comments:

Post a Comment