Friday, September 4, 2009

Best Wishes

Happy Friday to you all!
Before I get to today's card, I wanted to address an issue that arose this week with Stampin' Up! and its demonstrators. If you are someone who is a blog browser or frequents crafting forums, you may have read about this issue already. It has many people up in arms and there is a lot of negative comments out there. Which really saddens me. Simply put, within our electronic communications (blogs, websites, facebook pages, etc.), Stampin' Up! is requiring us demonstrators to abstain from linking to competitors products or those individuals that sell competitive products on their own sites. Now, this 'rule change' will not affect me...too much. You may notice that I have had to remove a few blog links to be in compliance with this change. But, I have always been and will remain an SU! only girl. Now, I realize that I will, on occasion, use an embellishment or two that are not SU! I simply can no longer link you to the location that they can be purchased (not that I ever did). I'm not even supposed to tell you the brand name and where I found them. I will simply be very 'generic' about that info. (i.e. a brad from the local craft store). But nothing prohibits me from using those competitors products. This new rule will have the biggest impact on those demonstrators that are on design teams and under contract to promote that product. I know they face a tough decision and wish them best of luck in whatever they choose to do. Okay...on with today's card!

This is the last card featuring an out-of-the-box use for the large snowflake in the Serene Snowflakes set. A very clean & simple card (CAS) and, again, I've used up some of the scraps found on my desk (always a plus).


The card base is the retired Kiwi Kiss. It's really difficult to tell in this photo but the panel is Barely Banana with a strip of Razzleberry Lemonade DSP. The medallion strip in Soft Suede is the large snowflake with a brass vintage brad in each center. Cool, huh? Once again, I markered the stamp with Soft Suede, omitting the scrolled corners. I used my stamp-a-ma-jig to line it all up and then cut the strip. The sentiment is from Kind & Caring Thoughts (hostess level 2). It is stamped in Dusty Durango ink.

Thanks for stopping in today! Have a great Labor Day weekend! I'll see you back here next week. I'm spending the weekend with my boys! It's their last weekend before they return to school. Tuesday will be bittersweet for me.
Hugs ~Leslee~

No comments:

Post a Comment