Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Never too early....

...to get started on your Christmas cards! Actually, now is a great time to get started. You won't be rushed and may actually complete your projects with plenty of time to, perhaps, enjoy the holiday season!
I was inspired by this sketch, FTL53, on a blog I recently came across, Clean & Simple Stamping. Of course, I would have loved to use my Medallion stamp but I couldn't think of any other way to use it. Then this lovely large snowflake came to mind. Once again, I grabbed my Big Shot and the Snowflake #2 die and cranked out a few of these lovely flakes. I just adore snowflakes! I began with this card...
The DSP is retired and, I'm sorry, I don't remember the name of it. I thought that this would be a great layout to use up my snowflake papers and get lots of Christmas cards done at the same time. Of course, with this sentiment from the Wonderful Watercolor set, I can use this for a general winter-time card too. The sentiment is stamped in Basic Black craft ink. I think that the craft ink is much more vibrant and shows nicer than the classic.
I had to take it up a notch with this card...



This uses retired DSP from the Wintergreen pack. I simply layered it onto a piece of Brushed Silver card stock. Both cards are on a Whisper White card base. The bling in the snowflake centers are Fashion Jewels that I've been hoarding for an extremely long time.
I love the simplicity of these cards. The Big Shot makes it a very quick card to make. I will continue with this layout until all my snowflake papers are used up. I have an very long Christmas card list.
Let me know how you like it. Comments are always welcome. Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you are inspired to get started on your holiday cards/projects.
Hugs ~Leslee~

No comments:

Post a Comment