Friday, August 28, 2009

Finally....some Razzle Dazzle!

Admittedly, my Razzle Dazzle set has not seen much ink. I've had a difficult time with what to do with it. I'll set it in front of me and stare at it blankly. Just hoping that some sort of inspiration will well up in me...it just hasn't. All that changed. I was playing 'sketch up' and came across the Fall-to Layout #55 over at the Clean & Simple Stamping blog. It was the Razzle Dazzle inspiration that I've been waiting for! I took one look at that layout and knew immediately what set I would use! Yes! Finally! And I love the way the card turned out!



There was a slight requirement for this sketch...the bottom panel is to feature some DIY stamped paper and the sentiment panel feature a coordinating image.
My card base is Bermuda Bay. I stamped the floral stamp in Crushed Curry and Bermuda Bay onto a Very Vanilla panel to create my DIY paper. I first 'stamped off' the Bermuda Bay before stamping it onto the Very Vanilla panel so that it wouldn't be so bold. I didn't want it to drown out the Curry. The same floral stamp was used on the sentiment panel. The sentiment is from Kind & Caring Thoughts and stamped in Bermuda Bay. The button treatment is simply a Saffron button with a turquoise rhinestone brad in the center. I placed several thin strips of Crushed Curry cs behind the button for added interest. You can't say that I don't use my scraps!! Here's a close up of the button treatment...
(click image to enlarge)
So, what do you think? Great layout? I think so! Thanks Natasha! Clever use of the Razzle Dazzle set? You betcha! Finally.....
Thanks for taking a look. Inspiration can come from many places! We just need to open our minds to see it.
Hugs ~Leslee~

No comments:

Post a Comment