Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Happiness is...

actually getting to stamp and loving how it turns out!
Yes, it seems like awhile since I've been able to just sit and stamp and get a card completed in that one sitting. Of course, this card was created for this week's SCS CAS Challenge. Click HERE to see the challenge/rules. CAS stands for Clean & Simple and that is what this card is...simple!
This week was an inspiration challenge. I chose this beach towel for my inspiration. Can you see the resemblance? It also inspired me to pull out a long neglected stamp set, Pick A Petal. I have always had a difficult time using this set. I started with the Green Galore base, which I still had on my desk from this post. I stamped the outlined petal in Regal Rose on scraps of Whisper White and cut around each petal. This really took no time at all. I punched a 1-1/4" circle from some Raspberry Tart Designer Series Paper (this will be retiring) and applied it center of the petals. The 'Happiness' sentiment is from Heard From the Heart set. I simply markered the word in Basic Black and used my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to get exact placement. The lower corner was left a bit bare, so I added the two buttons. Note the button treatment. I had read somewhere that no button should go naked. I find that is a matter of personal preference. I had also read somewhere to use a thin strip of paper to thread through your button holes. Well, I just so happened to have a strip of scrap on my desk (same DSP as the flower center). I thread it through the holes and left the tails to run off the side of the card. It fills up that bare space very nicely. I like the look! Let me know what you think.
On a personal note, my grandmother gets to return home today. After spending 3 months in a rehab facility, she gets to go home! Congrats to grandma K! I think I'll send this card to her!
See, inspiration really can be found everywhere! Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you've been inspired.
~Leslee~

No comments:

Post a Comment