Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother’s Day…

…to all you wonderful mom's out there! May you have a relaxing day with your family (or without). Enjoy yourself! Personally, I'm spending the day with my boys. They all let me sleep in (something I rarely get to do). They woke me up around 10AM. Breakfast was ready and they were "starving"! Coffee was excellent and so was the meal! The boys actually thought that dad makes it "better than mom". Hmmm…I think that Don will have to cook more often (haha)! The weather is perfect today and I think we will head outside for some fun in the sun! Now, on with a card…
A good friend of mine was sweet enough to let me borrow her Simple Friendship set. I really wanted to use the large butterfly on this card. This is a lovely set to use and there are numerous ways to use it. I featured this card at my Mother's Day Stamp-A-Stack yesterday. The layout was from an early morning, blurred vision that had popped into my head. Once I got to actually putting the card together (I had to have my coffee first and get the boys off to school), the colors I had pictured didn't work at all. So, I pulled out the tried and true Baja Breeze and Basic Black. This is a color combo that works every time! The flowers are stamped and masked directly onto the Whisper White card base with only a couple flowers cut and popped up on dimensionals for visual interest. The butterfly is on dimensionals too.

Before I handed the set back to its rightful owner, I had to create a second card. The layout is the same as the first only I turned it 90°. I left off the Mother's Day sentiment and added the line of 'true friend' above the black strip.

Thanks for stopping in today! I hope you've been inspired to give the blurred visions you have in your head a try! You might just like how they turn out!

Enjoy your day,
~Leslee~
Supplies: Stamps-Simple Friendship, All Holidays Ink-Basic Black, Baja Breeze Paper-Whisper White, Basic Black, Baja Breeze Accessories-Wide Oval &Scallop Oval punches, paper snips, Dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment