Thursday, May 28, 2009

Clean & Simple Color Challenge

Today's card combines SCS' CAS Challenge and Color Challenge both from this week. The CAS challenge is to 'make over' one of your own cards. Here is the card from my SCS Gallery that I chose to 'make over', One Of A Kind Ribbon. This is the finished product...
The Color challenge was to use So Saffron, Pumpkin Pie and Bashful Blue. I found it a little difficult using these colors together but that is why they call it a 'challenge'. I do, however, really like the out come! Being the CAS challenge (CAS stands for Clean & Simple), I wanted to simplify the card by eliminating a layer or two. Also, I used different stamp sets. Not that I don't like the One of a Kind Boho look, I just needed a feminine birthday card and the Embrace Life set hasn't seen much ink lately.
The flower is stamped in Pumpkin Pie on So Saffron card stock. I used the So Saffron marker to give the flower a little extra color (tone on tone). It's a nice subtle effect. This card is pretty simple...three layers, ribbon and a focal flower.
The sentiment is stamped in Pumpkin Pie. I used the Birthday Wish stamp found on the 'Under $10' page of the SU! Spring-Summer 2009 Catalog (page 208). I really have been reaching for this stamp a lot lately. It's both masculine and feminine and totally fun!

Thanks for stopping in today. I hope you've been inspired to 'make over' one of your own creations. Sometimes, we just need a 'do over'!
Come back soon!

~Leslee~

Supplies:
Stamps: Embrace Life, Birthday Wish
Paper: Whisper White, So Saffron, Bashful Blue textured, Bali Breeze DSP (ret.)
Ink: Pumpkin Pie classic, So Saffron marker
Accessories: Eyelet border punch, So Saffron grosgrain ribbon, Lt. Blue Rhinestone brad, 1/16" circle punch

No comments:

Post a Comment