Tuesday, April 14, 2009

It's over!

Spring break that is! It's over and the boys went back to school today! Yay! The house would have been so nice and quiet and perfect for stamping BUT, Don was home due to the rainy weather. Grrrr! He had other ideas that didn't include me stamping. So, since I didn't get much stamping done last week, I will have to share an older creation with you.



This gorgeous card was rather easy to make. I embossed the background stamp from the set, Fresh Cuts, in black. Then, I colored in the main images in the background using SU! markers. Because it was embossed, the markering was really quite simple (much easier to stay in the lines). The image was then cut into three equal parts and layered onto complimentary card stock to create the panels. The base layer was stamped with the floral from the same set. A friend of mine talked me into using these rich colors. I don't normally reach for them but I really love how this card came together. It is always good to stretch yourself outside of your comfort zone. I find that it broadens you and you just might take a liking to it. Oh, the ribbon is one of my easy peasy hide-the-fact-that-I'm-bow-challenged bows. It's not really a bow at all. I've tied a longer length of ribbon around two shorter ones. Yes, I cheated! Well, it lays nice in an envelope anyway :)

Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you've been inspired and I promise to have something new to post real soon!
~Leslee~

Supplies all Stampin' Up!:
Stamps: Fresh Cuts
Paper: Naturals White, Rose Red, So Saffron, Certainly Celery, Elegant Eggplant
Ink: Basic Black Craft, Old Olive & Rose Red markers, VersaMark
Accessories: Very Vanilla grosgrain ribbon, sm. & lrg. oval punch, black embossing powder, heat tool, embossing buddy, powder pals

1 comment: